145 Pine Haven Shores Suite 1000-A, Shelburne, VT, 05482 | (802) 552-8795
by Vermont Registered Agent LLC

Certificate of Authority for Vermont Foreign LLC Registration

Foreign Limited Liability Company in Vermont

If you run an LLC based outside of the state of Vermont and you want to do business in Vermont, you will need to register your LLC as a Vermont foreign LLC. Once your Vermont LLC registration paperwork is filed, the state returns a filed certificate of authority from the Corporations Division of the VT Secretary of State.

As your Vermont registered agent, we can register your out of state Vermont LLC for $100 plus the state filing fee.

OR, you can do the Vermont LLC registration filing yourself, and just sign up for our Vermont registered agent service for $49 a year. All foreign Vermont LLCs will require a Vermont registered agent.

Once you sign up for Vermont registered agent service, you will be logged into your online account where you’ll find the Vermont LLC registration form you file with the Vermont Secretary of State, Corporations Division.

After looking at the resources we provide in your client account, if you do not want to file the paperwork for a certificate of authority in Vermont yourself, you can find and click on the add services tab in your account, and let us file the Vermont llc registration for you for the state filing fees plus $100. As part of our Vermont foreign LLC registration service, we also will obtain the documents from the home state of your LLC organization that we need to correctly complete your Vermont foreign LLC registration.